The following institutes and companies sponsored the conference (in alphabetical order):
- CERN, who provided the conference rooms, Internet infrastructure, and machines for the demo area.
- The Commission of the European Communities, through a grant.
- The Centre Universitaire d'Informatique of Geneva University, co-organisers and of invaluable help throughout.
- The City of Geneva, who provided flowers and city information.
- Digital Equipment Corporation, who provided workstations for the demo area and workshop sessions, and who provided technical support.
- Elsevier Scientific Publishing, who provided awards for all the categories and will publish the proceedings on the Web.
- Imhof S.A. Jewellers & Specialty gifts; Passage des Lions 4, CH-1204 Geneva, Switzerland, who helped acquire the Chromachron awards.
- IXI, an independent subsidiary of SCO, who gave the carry bags.
- Sun Microsystems, who provided workstations for the conference rooms, the demo area, and who gave technical support.
- UniForum Association, who printed the T-shirts, contributed to the welcome reception and sponsored two students to attend.
- WIRED Magazine, who distributed a free copy of the latest issue to all participants.
IFG 8 June 94